5 Sided Cube
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Obama's Take on Gay Rights

2 posters

Go down

Obama's Take on Gay Rights Empty Obama's Take on Gay Rights

Post  czarinaanna Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:32 pm

Okay, this is exciting! Obama wants to add LGBTs to the Employment Non-Discrimination Act (FINALLY!), support full-right civil unions (still pleasing the religious on that one which of course I think is stupid but at least LGBTs will get the rights they deserve), REPEALING Don't Ask Don't Tell!!!!!, and probably one of the most important in my view - extending adoption rights for all couples!!! Wahoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sunny

See for yourself

czarinaanna

Female Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-12-22

Back to top Go down

Obama's Take on Gay Rights Empty Civil Unions

Post  renodraws Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:18 pm

I have always thought if gay couples wanted the same rights as hetero couples, they should drop the "marriage" label because I have spoke to many people with religious views that would support full rights for gay couples but don't want them to get married. It all falls back to the point that they think that the current version (and only version) of marriage is a strictly religous institute. It is not it is a legal contractual relationship between two people. "Christian" people actually get married twice. Once in the church by a minister, but without the second part, the marriage licence, must be accomplished or the government will not recognize the marriage. But all those people really think they are losing something if gay couples can get married. Someone's marriage has no way effect effect someone else's marriage.

Yeah for adoption rights. Maybe we can take a few more children out of foster care systems and put them with permanment, finacial successful families.

renodraws

Male Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2008-12-22

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum