SEX ED - I Pledge to Remain a Virgin (my fingers were crossed)

Go down

SEX ED - I Pledge to Remain a Virgin (my fingers were crossed) Empty SEX ED - I Pledge to Remain a Virgin (my fingers were crossed)

Post  renodraws on Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:21 pm

Excerpts from a Washington Post Article:

Teenagers who pledge to remain virgins until marriage are just as likely to have premarital sex as those who do not promise abstinence and are significantly less likely to use condoms and other forms of birth control when they do.
More than half of youths became sexually active before marriage regardless of whether they had taken a "virginity pledge," but that the percentage who took precautions against pregnancy or sexually transmitted diseases was 10 points lower for pledgers than for non-pledgers.

While there was no difference in the rate of sexually transmitted diseases in the two groups, the percentage of students who reported condom use was about 10 points lower for those who had taken the pledge, and they were about 6 percentage points less likely to use any form of contraception. For example, about 24 percent of those who had taken a pledge said they always used a condom, compared with about 34 percent of those who had not.

Washington Post

Reason

We all knew that kids have sex no matter what, so shouldn't we tell them that condoms are good and can prevent pregancy. I would guess that the STD rates were the same because Pledgers would most likely have sex with their longtime girlfriend or boyfriend and Non-Pledgers felt alright about sleeping around but wore a condom. Also, what would the Christan parents say if they found condoms in their childs room.
We can all hope that Obama will reverse the trend of increasing federal funding to abstinence programs (the WashPost article said $176M, found others that put it at $102M in 2002). The point is that abstinence can be taught along with the fact that STDs are out there and that condoms prevent their spread and prevent pregnancy. We should argue to these pro abstinence parents that telling the kids that sex can cause you to experience a burning sensation when you pee could stop them from having sex before marriage.
If you do a google search on "abstinence sex education" you will find tons of reports on how abstinence program work so much better. These are the same sites that have "Pro-Life" ad banners all over their page.

Bottom Line - Abstinece class teaches morals. Comprehensive Sex Ed teaches the science of sex. We all must remember that school is to teach us facts and how to reason. Our parents teach their morals to us at home. Also, parents must sign a form to allow their kids to attend sex ed. If they don't sign, you have to go to another classroom.

renodraws

Male Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2008-12-22

Back to top Go down

SEX ED - I Pledge to Remain a Virgin (my fingers were crossed) Empty Re: SEX ED - I Pledge to Remain a Virgin (my fingers were crossed)

Post  OG PooPiN on Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:54 am

i was actually just about to post this when i found you did lol

OG PooPiN
Admin

Male Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2008-12-21

https://5sidedcube.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum